At Union State, banking is a people business... Real People, Paying Real Attention to Real People.
It's just the Union State manner. An attitude that makes Union State a great place to bank, that also makes Union State a great place to work.
If you're looking for a career in the banking industry, check our Human Resources Department:
Current Positions Available
Full-Time TellerProcess deposits for customers. Cash checks. Process passbook savings transactions. Issue cashier's checks. Process night deposit bags. Complete CTR reports. Process loan payments. Process Christmas Club deposits. Process TT & L payments and other customer transactions as required. Travels to various branches and work as requested. We are currently in need of a Full-Time Teller for one of our Birmingham Offices.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Good interpersonal communication, organizational and computer skills, as well as ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to travel between offices.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, and examines checks for proper endorsement.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals, pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Issues cashier's checks.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the business day.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms and supplies, etc.
- Cashes checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification.
- Cross-sells financial institution services.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments, and ensures payments match balances due.
- Places hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Other duties as assigned.